Have you figured it out yet??? If you are my friend on facebook you already know!!!
I never wanted chickens....NEVER!!! They are dirty and nasty and they get fleas!!!!!
No chickens on this farm.... EVER!!!!
Then I read this post by one of my favorite bloggers... she made it sound so fun and like a great thing for the girls. I just HAD to have some, too!!!
To be perfectly honest I knew we would be getting them at some point...
For some reason it being my idea made getting them so much better. Why is that?
I had lots of help getting them into their pen. Imagine me and 4 little girls... (three) 4 year olds and a 5 year old... we grabbed each one of them and stuck their little beaks down in the water VERY gently of course! Then all chaos broke loose. They started running out of the holes around the base of the box... they were running everywhere and the girls were screaming and jumping and running everywhere also. I was yelling "Stop" "Don't JUMP" "FREEZE" "girls settle down" My brother in law and mother in law finally made it in to check on us and in the chaos... my B-I-L stepped on one. I saw it go under his foot and tried to stop him, but was too late. He squished it!!! Luckily the girls didn't realize what happened. While he was disposing of the body I decided it would be better if we blocked the holes and put all the chicks back in the box. Those little buggers are fast! I am not sure how, but they all made it back into the box unscathed.
More happenings from Down on the Farm later....






No comments:
Post a Comment