Saturday, August 05, 2006

My Grandmother

Leona Pearl Ramsay Clark passed away on Friday July 28th. I saw Grandma for the last time when Mollie was 2 weeks old. She lived in Bedford Iowa with my Aunt Arlene. (and yes to this day I call them all Aunt or Uncle, and I believe so do most of my cousins). I had just had a baby and my parents talked me into taking both girls to Iowa with them and I am so glad I did. Grandma just loved holding baby Mollie and I was able to get a picture of my girls with their great grandma. Thank you so much Aunt Arlene for taking such good care of her. My most recent funny memory of Grandma was at her house in El Centro just before my wedding...Chris and I had gone over to visit with her and Aunt Arlene, Aunt Karen, and Aunt Darlene were there and if Aunt Arlene is there then the dogs are there too...well the dogs kept barking at Chris...so Grandma with her shaky hand slowly leans over the edge of her chair...and picks up her cane...as soon as those dogs saw her going for that cane they started running, just makes you wonder how many times she actually connected with them!!!! Chris loves to tell that story!!!
Goodby Grandma you will be missed!!!

1 comment:

SunJane said...

These are the best kinda blogs! Thanks for sharing.
-sunny