
February in Indiana is always exciting. Growing up I thought of winter as December and January and maybe a little February. Here it starts around Thanksgiving and lasts until May sometimes. This year we had a calm before the storm. December was warm and dry and beautiful...January was a little colder but February is the worst. We tracked the storm all day yesterday and then hoped for the best and prepared for the worst. The snow began around 1am and came down pretty heavily for several hours...then came the freezing rain. There is so much ice on the branches they are snapping...

which means we lose power...because they fall on the lines. We have been lucky so far and only lost power for a short time this morning and I already had the wood stove fired up. I have carried in a ton of wood and filled the tub with water ( to flush with) and now we just go about our day and wait to see if any more lines will break. The van is unfrozen but the roads are too bad to travel on. I guess we will be here until the spring thaw!!! Chris worked last night and has a motel room near the airport today he will stay in Indy until the roads are clear enough for him to get through. Main roads are not usually a problem but we live way out and they don't clear our roads or drive. The pictures are of the yard around the house, we watched that limb fall from the tree.

The snoopy flag is frozed.

The 3rd pic is the screen door.


The last is my wood pile...I was afraid the tarp covering the wood would freeze to the ground so I brought it inside. It is so pretty...glad I don't have to go out!!!!






1 comment:
I would be completely freaking out! You seem to almost enjoy the "pioneer way."
That is good your kids can see how you adjust to big changes in regular conforts and I bet you laugh with them all the way through it!
Post a Comment