Saturday, February 17, 2007

Ice

I know another post already!!! We are snowed in but we have electricity so there is not much else to do around here!!! These are some pictures from Wednesday, the day after the big storm. It was absoultly BEAUTIFUL out and not as cold. I had actually loaded the girls in the van and told them to "hold on, we're getting outta here!" I blasted across the front yard and only had to back up once to get better traction...when we bounded over the pile by the drive Mollie yelled "yee haw"! We were just headed to the mail box but boy was it great to know we were FREE!!! I then proceeded to get stuck at my brother in laws...I parked there to walk to the mail box to send out some tag orders. I pulled in at a bad angle and since there was a ton on ice below the snow I couldn't get any traction. Luckily the 70+ year old neighbor was on his tractor (plowing our drive) and he pushed me out!!! We love Mr. Sheesh!! He comes over on his tractor every time we get a heavy snow and plows the drive for us...our tractor is too old to handle it. The pictures don't do the day justice. It was soooo bright and beautiful I think heaven will look a lot like that. It made me think of my good friend Sunny. You see back in high school we went to a movie together...just the 2 of us which was rare and we saw "Pure Luck" maybe why we were alone??? Well when we came out the sun was so bright and the streets were illuminated in a golden haze and I had an instrumental tape playing in the car...it was the soundtrack for "Robinhood" and when it began to play Sunny's eyes got HUGE and she said "what is that?" meaning the music and I said "uh, the tape?" and she replied "Oh, I thought Jesus was coming back!" Well anyway it was that kind of day so bright and beautiful you just expected to hear the trumpet calling us home!!!!!!

This is taken from our deck looking towards the pond...you can't see the pond because it is frozed and covered in snow. If you look closely at the lights in the very top of the pic. you can see icecicles hanging on them.


This is the dogwood tree, the lighting was just amazing. It was so bright I couldn't see the screen on the camera. I just pointed in the general direction and snapped.


I love this shot, over the barn. In the forground you can see my tire tracks where I busted out!!! They are the narrow ones. The others are from the neighbor's tractor.


This is a close up of our lilac tree. Isn't it amazing how the ice formed a casing around the branches?


The girls were VERY happy to have their Daddy home. They stuck to him like glue for quite awhile.

1 comment:

SunJane said...

Kori, you have me cracking up over here. I remember that story like it happened yesterday! Thanks for bringing a huge smile to my face.
and the pics are amazing!