Thursday, April 19, 2007

Another Gracie Post

Gracie Girl...as she calls herself...talks all the time, most of the time it is very funny. Awhile back we thought Mollie had gotten the chicken pox...turned out to be a heat rash...but I had gotten Moe out of the bath and was holding her in my lap and stroking her hair and Gracie came up and very sweetly rubbed her cheek and said " oh Moe, you got the chicken legs" It was so sweet and she was so sincere I held back the laugh.

At Christmas I let the girls watch a Sesame Street video that talked about all the different "Christmas" holidays. They hit the Jewish stuff pretty hard and Gracie began going around saying "Happy Hanukah" instead of Merry Christmas. I ignored it for a couple of days and then told her that we said Merry Christmas because we are not Jewish...I didn't want her saying it out in public and confusing everyone. The next time she said it she looked at me and said "but we're not jewlish" and that became the whole greeting..."Happy Hanukah, we're not jewlish". I should have left it alone in the first place and just encouraged "Merry Christmas"! From time to time she will still say it and now Chris has started using it on her. At night she will say " Good morning, Daddy" and he replies "Happy Hanukah Gracie" to which she says "But, we're not jewlish".

Chris received an email with several Easter cartoons and jokes. He was looking at them while I was at work and Gracie asked what a particular one said. It had two chocolate bunnies. One had a bite out of it's rear end, the other had it's ears bitten off. The one with the bite on the rear was saying "My butt hurts" The one missing ears was saying "What? I can't hear you" She actually got the joke and thinks it is the most hilarious thing ever. As soon as I walked in the door she starts telling me the joke only I hadn't seen the picture and all I could make out was the word "butts" because she was cracking herself up so badly!

If you have kept up with the blog you know we had a litter of kittens last summer. We still have 3 of them. Tennessee is the favorite among the girls and has been handled a lot more than the others. He lets them hold him and carry him and do just about anything. Well he is a lot bigger now than last summer and it is much harder for Mollie to hold him. On this particular day she had gotten her arms around his neck and 1 front leg and was trying to carry him to the deck. His back legs were still on the ground. As they approached the deck Gracie looked up and says" Oh look she teaching him how to walk"!!!

Tonight she really suprised me. We were watching the Veggie Tales Easter movie and they were talking about Jesus. She looked at me and said "They singing because he died" and I said" no they are singing because he died and rose again, he came back to like." She looked at me and said "like the flowers, they die and the people water them and they come back to life." I thought that pretty impressive for her 3 year old little mind.

Mollie has been slower to talk, probably because she can't get a word in on Grace, but she is getting A LOT more verbal and will be holding her own soon in the talk department. Upon turning 2 my sweet, quiet, easy going kid turned into a strong willed MONSTER!!! She turned into a different kid almost over night. She fights back, yells back and stands her ground and if she doesn't get her way she gives us a verbal lashing in what we think is Chinese. She was so quiet and easy before she hardly ever got in trouble...now it is a daily battle. Hopefully it passes soon!!!!!

1 comment:

Grammie Karen said...

This is so neat. I love hearing about your family.
I haven't had time to get my blog started. I worked with it for a little while and it wouldn't accept my password. When I tried to verify the online google account, it said my URL account didn't match. I actually just left a comment on another pic and my Safari crashed. I'm a terror online. We'll see if this one goes.