Fall is one of my FAVORITE seasons. It cools off and the humidity goes away. The leaves begin to turn and are just beautiful. It is also our big FALL party. Friends and family come and spend the afternoon and evening eating, playing flash light tag, sitting around the fire and eating some more. The girls were big enough this year to participate in all the activities. Gracie LOVES flashlight tag. The thrill of being out in the cool crips air after dark is so fun to her. The anticipation of hiding and then running for all she has is the greatest. Mollie likes it, too, but she is just not as exuberant about it. She would rather be sitting around the warm fire eating. A good roasted marshmallow and can of soda is the highlight of her night!!!
I wish I had pictures but it just didn't happen this year.





Fall also brings Halloween and carved pumpkins. The girls were BRAVE this year and actually did the gutting for Daddy. Last year, neither of them would touch it. Traditionally we spend Halloween at Aunt Mitzi's house in the city. We have vegetable soup sloppy joe's then take the kids around her neighborhood. They usually last about an hour no matter the amount of candy. They were both ballerinas. I made the tutus. My pictures all came out a little fuzzy. We need a newer camera!!!! Chris had the video camera but I don't know how to take still shots off of it, so sorry about the blur!!
No comments:
Post a Comment