Sunday, December 24, 2006

Cookie Bonanza!!





Oh what fun we had!!! Gracie and I decorated cookies one afternoon...Mollie helped a little but Daddy finally had to take her to the store so we could finish. Gracie did a great job rolling the dough and using the cookie cutters. Mollie helped by sticking her fingers in all the cookies I put on the cookie sheet. After about 5 poked cookies we sent her with her Daddy. When it came to icing I think Miss Gracie ate more than frosted. So we worked out a plan...I iced and she dumped the decorations on the wet icing. I think I mixed up about 3 dozen worth of dough but was done by a dozen and a half...I didn't even feel bad when I threw it away...so wasteful I know but I just didn't have it in me.




Well Gracie liked it so well that I decided to invited some of her friends over for a small-fry cookie party. Our guests of honor were Cooper, 14mos., Isiah, almost 3, and her cousins, Olivia & Zoe, 2.5. I baked about 90 cookies ahead of time, my thinking was they would barely decorate a cookie and then want more, well it was the opposite, they REALLY decorated each cookie and after about 5 apiece they were done. And when I say really decorated I mean really decorated. Zoe at one point had so much icing on her fingers the candy was stuck and she began flinging it all over the room in an attempt to get her hands clean. She narrowly missed Gracie's hair but hit just about everything else!!! While I was snapping the few pics I got Mollie dumped a WHOLE container of green sprinkles on 1 cookie and while I was cleaning that up and trying to salvage some green sprinkles, Gracie dumped the bottle of red on hers. You can see Mollie in action in 1 of the pics!! Then we all had soup and corndogs for lunch. The twins didn't want to eat and began running laps through the house, Gracie soon joined in and poor Isiah wanted to but by then Mollie was in the pack and I think 4 wild girls was more than he could handle.

2 comments:

SunJane said...

That looks soo fun! And I'm soo jealous of your RED Kitchen Aide Mixer!!!

Sunny Day Tag Girl said...

Yeah the mixer is cool...it was a wedding gift.