Wednesday, October 24, 2007

California Fires

Many of you know I grew up in Southern California. Most of my family is still there in El Centro or San Diego. The folks in El Centro are safe and out of danger, but my Uncle and family have been evacuated from their homes in Ramona and are currently staying with my Grandma Gracie in Santee. My Uncle Tom is the manager for the Ramona and Fallbrook airports and has spent almost 24 hours a day at the Ramona airport, their house was still there last I heard and he was able to go there and take a shower and sleep. His family is still with my grandma as they will not let anyone back into Ramona. My parents are currently in Bullhead City, AZ at my brother's. They are all supposed to be heading to LA Friday afternoon for my cousin, Joshua's wedding. As I read the updates on the location I realized I knew many many people who live in those various areas. The Church Camp I grew up going to was burned in the 2003 fires and had just reopened...I have not heard if it has burned again or not. Your prayers for them would be greatly appreciated.

1 comment:

jessica said...

Hi Kori,
I just wanted to let you know that things seem to be getting better here. Shane has finally been reunited with Dee. They'd been separated since Sunday and Monday was their anniversary. With 3 dogs in tow they've decided to take a little holiday at Campland by the Bay.
Mom's with me now, Dad's keeping the airports humming, and with the fire out of city limits we're all feeling more relieved. Also I'm not positive but pretty sure Featherstone is ok. They are keeping the roads closed for now though.
1,000s of homes are gone and we're not out of the woods yet - there is a lot of work yet to be done.
Thanks for keeping us in your thoughts.