Monday, July 10, 2006

Kittens

Kittens are so cute and fun...until you have 7 of them and 2 little girls that want to squeeze their necks!!! My orange and white cat, Tennessee, had them under our house and now they are big enough to get out on their own.



We have a couple of farm dogs, all are fine with the cats except Brutus...he is a cat killer. So I have a little barricade of kid stuff aranged around the hole under the house the kittens come out of, they of course can climb out of the barricade and he of course could get in there if he really wanted to, I figured it was just enough stuff to slow him down and give the kittens a chance to take cover. It was also intended to keep the girls out but they both very quickly figured out ways to get in as soon as my back was turned!!!

This evening I took off after him with my trusty BB gun, I can't hit him for anything but the noise sends him running. I am a much better shot with the .22 but Chris says if I hit him with that I would have to finish the job so I stick to BBs. I keep it by the door for easy access. The .22 is kept upstairs in the bedroom closet...seperate from the shells but easy to get to at night. Isn't farm life GREAT?

1 comment:

SunJane said...

Claire love the kitty cat pics! She would sqeeze them to death, though.