Wednesday, April 23, 2008

My favorite snack Recipes

I know, I know...me posting recipes. I really do cook, sometimes and usually only if I have to, but because I love Leslie and want to help fatten her up I am posting these for her benefit!!! Enjoy!!!

Caramel Puffcorn... If you like caramel corn, you will LOVE this. Think light fluffy no kernel popcorn with a buttery caramel coating.

2 sticks butter
1 bag puff corn, plain (Mikesell's brand)
1 C. brown sugar
1/2 C. light corn syrup
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla
In sauce pan melt butter, syrup and sugar just until bubbly. Remove from heat, add baking soda and stir well. Add vanilla. Pour over puff corn and stir until well coated. Put on 2 baking sheets. Bake at 250 for 45 minutes. Stir about 3 times during baking.


Spinach Dip
1 sm. jar mayonnaise
1 pkg. frozen spinach, thawed and drained VERY well
1 16 oz. carton sour cream
1 pkg. Knorr vegetable soup mix

Mix all ingredients together. Serve in bread bowl of either Hawaiian or Sour Dough. I prefer the harder sour dough but the Wainscotts like the soft Hawaiian. We usually double it and do 1 of each.


Chocolate Chip Cheeseball
8 oz. cream cheese
1 stick butter (real)
3/4 C. powdered sugar
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
1/4 tsp. vanilla
1 pkg. mini semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 C. finely chopped pecans
Chocolate graham crackers

Cream together cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, brown sugar and vanilla. Add chocolae chips, form into a ball using wax paper. (If ball is too sticky, refrigerate for 1 hour and then finish.) Roll the ball in the pecans to cover. Chill for 2 hours. Serve with graham crackers.

I also wanted to share a really GOOD main dish...and it is so simple!!! We like to eat it with mashed potatoes of course. Very filling!!

Beef and Gravy

1 round steak
1 can evaporated milk
1 can cream of celery soup
1 can golden mushroom soup
flour

Dredge meat in flour and brown in oil in skillet. Mix soups and milk. Put thin layer in bottom of 9x13 baking dish. Layer meat and remaining soup mixture, ending with soup mixture on top. Cook for 1 hour at 350.

Thats all for now!! Let me know if you try them!!! ENJOY!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kori,
I love to read your blog....you do such good job with it. I especially love the pictures of the girls and what they are up to.
I love the recipes, but could you include how many WW points they are?

Love,
Mom

Sunny Day Tag Girl said...

Mom- there are so many WW points in them I couldn't fit it in the post.

I do have new pictures of the girls but haven't uploaded them yet. I begged and begged to take their pic. in the skirts I made with their new shoes, but it was a no go.