"Really, God, you had this in mind for ME???"
This is just never where I thought I would be and yet I love it. I never in a million years would have guessed that I would be living on a farm in an OLD house raising chickens, breeding dogs or making homemade jam. I grew up in the desert for goodness sake where chickens get fleas and there are no seasons and it's flat there... really flat!!! Ok, well it isn't exactly mountainous here but we do have some rolling hills.
That moment last week was almost surreal, it was like I was looking at someone else.
Why am I in a chicken coup? Oh that's right I am a 30 something stay at home mom who is now raising chickens.
but How did I get HERE???
How did my sweet precious toddler turn into that big girl twirling around the pen singing to the chickens? How is it that my baby is big enough to be wearing purple rain boots chasing those chickens, like she is a monster, in hopes of catching one?
Logistically I know how I got here... I left home at 18, went to college in Tennessee, made some wonderful friends, got a job with the YMCA, eventually moved to Indiana because of a friend from college and experience with the YMCA. Met hubby while working at the YMCA, got married moved to the farm had 2 kids in 2 years and now here I am with a 5.5 year old and a 4 year old. Two dogs ( chocolate labs), 50 chickens a huge garden, 40 acres of farmed land and 40 acres of woods, a pond, a little creek and a Good Life. It went just that fast, too!!!
And God knew, he knew every experience I had, would lead me here, to this farm and this chicken coup.
Sometimes it may involve scooping poop, but Really, God, WOW!!! You had all of this planned for me??? I never would have thought it, but God did and looking back I can see his hands all over it!!






1 comment:
I love this!
Post a Comment