I sucked it up and cleaned the bathroom this morning. I don't mean the weekly maintenance like swishing out the commode or wiping down the counters. I mean I actually moved things and made other things shine and I got the tub to look very similar to what it looked like brand new!! It was a very productive morning for me and the only time I am thankful for just 1, yes ONE, bathroom.
I tried out a new cleaner this morning also. I have tried many, many things but never found anything that I just loved. Well, this morning all of that changed. I fell in love with my bathroom cleaner and the surprising thing. It is the cheapest one I have EVER used and I had it on hand because I use it for lots of other things. What is this wonderful cleaner you ask.... VINEGAR... yep I used white distilled vinegar and got my bathroom cleaner than I ever have before.
How great is that? No chemicals, no bleach and a sparkly clean bathroom!! I simply put it in a spray bottle and began spraying the shower stall, and as it ran down into the tub it took a lot of the scum with it. I could actually see it running down the wall! Whoo Hoo. I sprayed and sprayed and then rubbed and rubbed. Some of the areas with a little more build up took a little more than a rub but it got scum out of the corners that I had not been able to budge for years!!! I let it set there the longest and then was amazed when it just wiped away!!! Do I sound like an infomercial yet??? I just tried it on a whim... I knew it worked on bathtub gunk because we have used it multiple times to clean the shower head... duh... if it works on the shower head so well why wouldn't it work on the shower!!! I also used it to clean the sink and mirror!! No streaks... I also used one of our cloth napkins instead of paper towel and there isn't any paper towel dust!
When I had it all clean and sparkly I called the girls in. I knew my g-girl would appreciate the sparkle. As we stood admiring the cleanliness I said " I love vinegar" and G-girl said "and we will never use the Clorax again!" I had no idea she knew I used clorox to clean with!! It was so funny!






No comments:
Post a Comment